So you’re facing Apex Legends blurry graphics issues? Apex Legends is a video game of the Titanfall saga games that, although it no more carries that name, still retains part of the essence of the franchise: fast-paced, volatile, and with a wide range of gadgets at our disposal. It is a free-to-play battle royale, the most popular genre, where players from all over the world form teams to compete for power, glory, fame, and success.
EA and Respawn Entertainment ensure that Apex Legends is an ambitious project, planned for years and years of post-launch support and divided into separate seasons of content: characters, modes, and so forth.
Even the support apex legends receive is top-notch, it is not out of the ordinary to face bugs and issues while playing the game, with Apex Legends blurry being the biggest issue most players face, no matter that platform you’re playing on, be it PC, Xbox or PS4.
In case you’ve missed it, here are some of our other Apex Legends guides:
- The Best Apex Legends Keybinds For PC
- Why Does Apex Legends Keep Crashing PC [SOLVED]
- How To Wall Jump In Apex Legends?
So on today’s troubleshooting, we surfed the whole web to find the most bulletproof solutions to fix all your Apex legends blurry issues,
Table of Contents
Apex Legends Blurry Graphics [5 Solutions To Try]
These are the best solutions to apply when facing Apex Legends blurry graphics or screen issues :
- Tune down the video settings in apex legends.
- Update or Upgrade Your PC Graphics Driver.
- Verify that your PC meets the minimum requirements to play Apex Legends.
- Change your display refresh rate.
Tune down the video settings in apex legends
This is by far the most optimal solution for all Apex Legends Blurry Graphics issues, first of you have to launch open apex legends and click on the Settings icon click on settings and then go to the video settings as shown in the image below :
now what you want to do is disable or set the adaptive resolution FPS target to 0, and also make sure to turn off apex legends anti-aliasing so set it to none, and basically, this should fix any blurry distance screen or motion blur on Apex legends. if for some odd reason you’re still facing blurry-related issues then please try the next solution below.
Update or Upgrade Your PC Graphics Driver
As long as your Windows 10 is up to date and activated, drivers are automatically downloaded through Windows Update, however, these updates can take a while to appear as the drivers are not checked daily, which may result in it taking you several days to be notified that a new driver is available for your graphics card.
- Click on the Windows button and type Device Manager. Then press enter.
- Locate the Display Adapters category and choose the device name ( for a laptop with integrated and dedicated graphics you should choose the Radeon or GeForce model).
- Right-click on the device and select properties.
- In the pop-up window look at the Driver tab and click on the Update Driver button.
- Then follow the wizard steps.
*If this does not succeed or you get an error message, please follow steps 1 to 3, and rather than clicking on Update, just uninstall the driver, then reboot your computer and try again.
here is a video tutorial made by our dear friends at How-to Desktop showing you exactly How to Update ANY Graphics Card on Windows 10 :
Verify that your PC meets the minimum requirements to play Apex Legends
Before trying to launch Apex legends, please refer below to the minimum and recommended requirements to play Apex Legends on your PC. The requirements are officially announced and were released by Origin. So, if you want to play, please check them out first.
Minimum requirements to play Apex Legends :
- Operating system: Windows 7 64-bit
- Processor: AMD FX-4350 | Intel Core I3-6300
- Memory: 6 GB of DDR3 1333Mhz RAM
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 | AMD Radeon HD 7730
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 22GB HDD
- Connectivity: 512KBps or higher
Recommended requirements for playing Apex Legends :
- Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 | Intel Core I5 3570K
- Memory: 16 GB of DDR3 1333Mhz RAM
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3070 ti | AMD Radeon R9 290
- DirectX: Version 12
- Storage: 22GB SSD
- Connectivity: Broadband
As we’ve mentioned the requirements above are officially provided by Origin. in case you failed to meet the minimum requirements to play Apex Legends then we advise you to upgrade your PC with one of the latest generations. or at the least upgrade your graphics card
Change your display refresh rate
One of the core hardware elements for any operating system is the monitor or what’s also called the Display because without it we would not be able to see what we are currently working on or what kind of actions are needed to perform.
Nowadays we have many kinds of display monitors, from LED to 4K, which give us the option to display better graphics and better performance. One way in which our monitors are preserving their lifespan is by performing a screen refresh periodically so that it doesn’t get blocked or their internal components get damaged.
Put it this way, a refresh rate relates to the number of times the monitor is being updated with new frames each second, and a higher refresh rate results in a smoother, sharper picture.
To put it simply upping your monitor refresh rate can help you run Apex Legends more smoothly and without any fps drops or blurry issues. to carry out this process in Windows 10, you have two options. you either Change the refresh rate from the Windows 10 Settings or change the Graphics driver’s refresh rate.
Change the refresh rate from Settings following the steps below :
- The first is to right-click on the desktop and select the “Display Settings” option
- In the pop-up window, we will go to the bottom, where we select the line “Advanced display settings”:
- The following window will appear where at the top we select the monitor to be edited, if we have several there we should click on the line “Show display adapter properties” at the bottom:
Change the Graphics driver’s refresh rate with the help of the following steps :
- In the displayed window, we will go to the “Video Adapters” section.
- then right-click on the display controller and select the “Properties” option:
In either case, a window will appear, where we will proceed to the “Monitor” tab, in the “Screen refresh rate” sub-section, please click on the drop-down arrow and define the desired frequency. Then click on Apply and accept to save the changes. This way we have now changed the display frequency in Windows 10.
That’s it for our Apex legends troubleshooting, one of the solutions above is guaranteed to fix any blurry graphics or blurry screen issues you might face now or later. just make to try the solutions in the exact order in which they’ve been listed.